Birmingham Café dates 2019
The café is a monthly gathering where people with dementia and their families and friends can come together in a safe, welcoming environment, in the company of other carers and health and social care professionals. It aims to provide emotional support, information and the opportunity for discussion for people living with the impact of dementia.
The Perry Tree Centre
4th Monday of the Month
10.30am – 12.30pm
28th January; 25th February; 25th March
Will you be an Antibiotic Guardian?
The national Antibiotic Guardian campaign aims to raise awareness on how to use antibiotics in a responsible way that will help keep them effective for the future. We are encouraging our patients to take part by watching the Antibiotic Guardian video, choosing a pledge and becoming an Antibiotic Guardian at www.antibioticguardian.com.
Did you know?
- It is estimated that at least 5,000 deaths are caused every year in England because antibiotics no longer work for some infections.
- These antibiotic ‘resistant’ infections don’t just infect you; they can spread to other people in close contact with you.
- It is important we use our existing antibiotics wisely and make sure these lifesaving medicines continue to stay effective for ourselves, our children and grandchildren.
- Without urgent action from all of us, common infections, minor injuries and routine operations will become much riskier.
- Antibiotics should only be taken when prescribed by a health professional.
Colds and most coughs, sinusitis, otitis media (earache) and sore throats often get better without antibiotics. Your GP may not prescribe antibiotics for these conditions but your local pharmacy can help provide self-care advice and suitable over the counter medicines to treat your symptoms.
CQC - GOOD
On the HOME page have a read of our CQC Report.
As of Monday 3rd April 2017 the pharmacies will no longer be able to order patients prescriptions. You will have to order them yourself. If you have any further queries regarding this, please contact the surgery on 0121 465 2900.
For more information on Birmingham Mind Wellbeing Hub, visit the Surgery and ask Reception for a leaflet.
If your a carer and you would like more support, ask Reception for a carers pack.
Bowel Scope Screening - Contact the Surgery for more information.